Cell to deal with public complaints

for Ministry of Communications | Date - 24-08-2006

Rajya Sabha

The Minister of State for Communications & Information Technology, Dr. Shakeel Ahmad, informed the Rajya Sabha today, in a written reply to a question by Shri Gireesh Kumar Sanghi that there is a Public Grievance Cell in the Department of Telecommunications which receives complaints from the customers of telecom service providers including cellular service providers and send them to the concerned service provider for redressal.

Besides, Dr. Ahmad informed, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India has a Consumer Welfare Cell for Consumer Affairs. A group of consumers can petition Telecom Dispute Settlement and Appellate Tribunal for redressal of grievances.

RM/AMA – 240806 Grievance USQ 2901
(Release ID :20209)

(This is an archive of the press release and has not been edited by our staff.)